SHE Study Frequently Asked Questions
The study is run by Elissa Epel, PhD, Barbara Laraia, PhD, Robert Lustig MD, Marin Thompson, MS, and other colleagues, from the University of California, San Francisco.
Research studies include only people who choose to take part. Take your time to make your decision about participating. You may discuss your decision with your family and friends and with your health care team. After reading the description of the study (below), if you have any questions about the study or what is involved in participating, please ask the research staff.
- Why is this study being done?
- How many people will take part in this study?
- What will happen if I take part in this research study?
- How long will I be in the study?
- Can I stop being in the study?
- What side effects or risks can I expect from being in the study?
- Are there benefits to taking part in the study?
- What other choices do I have if I do not take part in this study?
- Will my medical information be kept private?
- What are the costs of taking part in this study?
- Will I be paid for taking part in this study?
- What happens if I am injured because I took part in this study?
- What are my rights if I take part in this study?
- Who can answer my questions about the study?